Chane / Chole Salaan
This chane / cholay ka salan is part of the traditional cholay & puri breakfast or can be enjoyed on its own with puri or paratha.
- PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Chickpeas:1 cup
- Potatoes: 2
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper:1/2 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- White cumin seeds: 1/2tea spoon
- Black cumin seeds:1/2 tea spoon
- Bay leaf: 1
- water: 2 cups
- Oil: half cup
- 1. Soak chickpeas over night. Boil them in pressure cooker or slow cooker and set them aside.
- 2. Put oil and sliced onion in a pan, fry till golden brown.
- 3. Add all the dried spices and fry till you start smelling their fragrance.Use a splash of water so that they don't burn.
- 4. Put boiled chickpeas in and give them a stir.
- 5. Add potatoes, water in the pan and mix.
- 6. Cook until potatoes soften up.
- 7. You can keep the consistency thick or thin as per your requirement.
- 8. When you have reached the desired consistency, put them in a serving bowl and serve.