Semolina / Suji Halwa
This Suji ka Halwa can be part of the traditional halwa puri breakfast or can be enjoyed on its own with puri or paratha.
- PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Semolina (Suji) 1 cup
- Sugar 2 cups
- Green Cardamom 3-4
- Water:4 cups
- Ghee 1/2 cup
- Food Color a pinch of yellow color(optional)
- Almonds 7-8
- 1. Put Semolina in a pan and stir it on a medium heat until you can smell the toasted suji. Stir continuously for 2-3 minutes as suji gets burnt quickly.
- 2. Put butter/ghee in the pan, mix well on the low heat.
- 3. Prepare sugar syrup on the side, put water in the pan when it comes to boil, put cardamom,sugar and food color, dissolve sugar fully, remove it from the stove.
- 4. Put sugar syrup in semolina(be careful, don't burn yourself while doing that because syrup goes crazy when it is combined with semolina)
- 5. Cook till you get the desired consistency.
- 6. Sprinkle crushed almonds on top of halwa.