Eggless Bread Pudding
This bread pudding is made without eggs for all those people who either avoid eggs or are allergic to eggs
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4th cup butter (or margarine)
- 10-12 slices of bread.
- 1. Cut the 12 slices of bread in cubes. Use powdered sugar and sprinkle on top of bread slices. You can increase the amount of bread too.
- 2. Pour the milk over the bread and stir it. Add a little at a time until it is wet, but not sitting in milk. The amount of milk will change depending on how dry your bread is. Stop adding the milk when all your bread is soaked. Don't add extra.
- 3. Melt 1/4th cup butter (or margarine) in the microwave and pour it over the top of the bread / milk mixture.
- 4. Stir again and let the mixture sit for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- 5. Press the bread to compact the mixture, making it easier to slice after it is done baking.
- 6. Put the dish in the oven and bake uncovered for 20-40 minutes. If you added too much milk it will take longer to set. Open the grill for 5 minutes to give a nice brown crust on top.