Aaloo ki Kuyyan
Aloo ki Kuyyan is a traditional Delhi-wala style tea-time snack similar to Pani Puri or Chaat.
- PREP TIME: 10
- COOK TIME: 30
- SERVINGS: 3 persons
- 6 potatoes
- For Chutney
- ¼ cup tamarind pulp
- 2 dates (that have been soaked)
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 1. For Potatoes
- 2. Boil the potatoes. However, take caution that they should not be too soft and do not break apart.
- 3. Let them cool down for a bit.
- 4. Take off their skin and then halve them from the middle.(If you attempt this when they are too hot, they will break)
- 5. Very gently, scoop the potato out from the middle so that you are left with a bowl-shaped potato.
- 6. Fill this bowl-shaped potato with the chutney and then cover it with the potato you had scooped out. Eat and enjoy!
- 7. For Chutney
- 8. Cook tamarind pulp, dates, chilli powder, salt, chaat masala for 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- 9. Let it cool.
- 10. Then transfer it into a blender and blend.
- 11. Adjust the salt and spices according to your taste if needed.
Notes:Photo Credits: Kiran Afzal