Szechuan chicken is a popular spicy entrée at chinese restaurants. Can be made in fish or prawns as well.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 kg chicken boneless chunks
- Greens of spring onions, chopped
- 12 to 15 whole dry kashmiri red chillies, soaked in warm water
- 2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 6 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. To make the sauce, drain out all the water from the chillies and discard it.
- 2. Grind all ingredients except the oil in a blender to a fine paste. Keep aside.
- 3. Heat the oil and pour over the chilli-garlic paste. Mix well.
- 4. Add in the chicken and let cook till done.
- 5. Sprinkle chopped greens of spring onions and serve with rice.