Chicken in Sesame Sauce
Batter fried chicken in an aromatic sesame flavored gravy.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 2 tablespoon Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- A teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- ½ kg cubed Chicken Breast
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 cup Corn flour
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tablespoon Sesame Seeds, toasted
- Oil, for frying
- 1. Sift the flour. In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, 2 tablespoon water, soy sauce, vegetable oil and sesame oil.
- 2. Stir all ingredients till the batter is smooth.
- 3. Add the chicken to the batter and stir it until the chicken is fully coated with the batter.
- 4. Cover this bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 5. While the chicken in batter is being refrigerated, take a saucepan and boil together the soy sauce, sesame oil, chile sauce, vinegar, chicken stock, sugar and garlic.
- 6. To this boiling sauce, add 1/4 cup of corn flour and 1/2 cup of water and stir.
- 7. Simmer until the sauce thickens for around 2 minutes. Lower the heat and keep the sauce warm.
- 8. On a larger frying pan, heat olive oil and drop in the battered chicken pieces.
- 9. Fry the chicken until it is golden brown and begins to float to the top of the oil.
- 10. This should take around 4 minutes. Use a paper towel lined plate to place the chicken on to drain.
- 11. Once the chicken is completely drained, place it on to a platter and pour the hot sauce on top of it. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the chicken to garnish it.
Notes:Photo credits: savvysavingcouple