This light refreshing raita is a necessary side dish for biryani or pulao. It can also be used as a dip or spread with pita wraps.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 5 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 cucumber (more if you want)
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- 1. Wash the cucumber well and finely chop it. Alternatively, you can also grate it.
- 2. Squeeze out excess liquid from the cucumber using your hands or by keeping it a muslin cloth (malmal ka kapra) and draining.
- 3. Keep the cucumber in a small bowl.
- 4. Add yoghurt, salt & red chili pepper. Mix well.
- 5. Garnish with coriander leaves to serve.
Notes:Photo credits: thriftyfoods.com This raita can also be used as a starter dip served with crudités or vegetables and used as a spread in pita wraps. However, in this case it is based to use hung curd or drained yoghurt as that ensures minimal water in the final dish.