This meat-less version of biryani is great for vegetarians.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minute
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- ½ kg Rice
- 1 cup Mixed Vegetables (cauliflower, potato, carrot, french beans) ¼ cup Green Peas
- 3 Finely Sliced Onions
- 2 Finely Sliced Green Chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 stick of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Caraway Seeds
- 4 Cloves
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 4 Tomatoes
- ½ cup Yogurt
- 4 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 3 tablespoon cashews and raisins
- 1. Boil the rice with 2 cups water and add a little salt to it and let cook till half done.
- 2. Separately fry each vegetable for a little while and drain.
- 3. Take 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, green chilli, cinnamon, caraway seeds, cloves, black pepper powder and stir.
- 4. Add onions and saute them till they change color.
- 5. Add salt and red chilli powder, finely chopped tomatoes and fry till they are cooked.
- 6. Add beaten yogurt and stir well. Add all the fried vegetables.
- 7. Lightly fold in the rice and simmer on low flame to let cook completely.
- 8. Before serving, garnish with dry fruits and coriander leaves.
- 9. Serve the vegetable biryani with raita.