Punjabi Dhaba Daal
There is something special about eating at a dhabba (roadside stall) – everything just automatically tastes good even it’s a simple dish of lentil...
- PREP TIME: 6 hours
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 2 - 3 green chillies, chopped
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup chana dal
- 8 - 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- ¼ cup red kidney beans (rajma)
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kasoori methi
- 3 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup urad dal (mash ki daal)
- salt to taste
- 1. Clean, wash and soak urad dal, chana dal and kidney beans in sufficient water for at least six hours. Remove soaked dals, mix in six cups water and cook till the dals are completely cooked.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic, stir-fry briefly till golden brown.
- 3. Mix in chopped onion, chopped green chillies and cook till onion is golden brown in colour.
- 4. Mix in red chilli powder, cumin powder and tomatoes and cook
- 5. Add the cooked dals and add in salt, chopped coriander leaves and add kasoori methi and serve hot.