We all grew up eating bun kebab from the road side stall. Chana daal and aloo ki patty dipped in beaten egg with lots of chutney.
- PREP TIME: 45 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 2 Potatoes (boiled & mashed)
- ½ cup Chana Dal
- ½ teaspoon Black Cumin Seeds, roasted and ground
- ½ teaspoon White Cumin Seeds (Safaid Zeera), roasted and ground.
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Egg Whites (stiffly beaten)
- 1 Cucumbers
- 1 Tomato (sliced)
- 4 Buns
- 1. Boil & mash the potatoes and set aside.
- 2. Boil the chana dal in water with ½ teaspoon of salt till soft. Drain the water.
- 3. Mash the boiled daal and mix it with the mashed potatoes. Season with salt, pepper, red chili powder and cumin seeds.
- 4. Make round kebabs out of this mixture.
- 5. Dip the kebabs in the beaten egg whites.
- 6. Shallow fry in oil.
- 7. Cut the buns in half and lightly heat in a little oil in a frying pan.
- 8. Put chutney, salad leaves, kabab, cucumber and tomato slice.
- 9. Top with bun and serve hot.
Notes:Photo credits: hamariweb.com