Though pulao is traditionally made in mutton, preferences and demands have resulted in chicken variants as well. Make sure you don’t over-cook the c...
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 kg Chicken
- ¾ cups oil
- 4 large Onions, chopped
- ¼ kg Yoghurt
- 1 kg Rice
- ½ teaspoon Saffron
- Few Sliced and fried Almonds
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 1 " piece Cinnamon
- 10 Cloves
- 10 Cardamoms
- 18 Pepper corns
- 1 pod Garlic
- 1 " piece Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon Coriander Seeds Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seed Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1. Grind garlic, ginger, chili powder, coriander, turmeric and cumin powder to a fine paste.
- 2. Heat 4 tablespoon of oil and fry 2 onions till brown.
- 3. Add half the whole spices and then add chicken and let it brown.
- 4. Add ground spices and fry for a few minutes along with chicken.
- 5. Add 2 cups of hot water, cover and cook till chicken is tender.
- 6. Beat the yoghurt with saffron and add to chicken.
- 7. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 8. Remove from flame and keep aside.
- 9. Now heat the remaining oil and fry bay leaves and remaining whole spices.
- 10. Add onions and brown them well. Add rice and fry till brown.
- 11. Add enough water to cook rice and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 12. Spread a layer of rice on a flat serving dish and then another layer of chicken.
- 13. Repeat with one more layer of each.
- 14. Garnish with almonds.
Notes:Photo credits: foodbound.files.wordpress