This simple stir-fried rice dish works best with leftovers – just sauté one day old rice with shredded chicken and egg turning it into a comforting...
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice, cold
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked, chopped chicken
- 1. In a small bowl, beat egg with water.
- 2. Melt butter in a large pan over medium low heat.
- 3. Add egg and leave flat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4. Remove from pan and cut into shreds.
- 5. Heat oil in same pan; add onion and saute until soft.
- 6. Then add rice, soy sauce, pepper and chicken.
- 7. Stir fry together for about 5 minutes, then stir in egg. Serve hot.