This recipe is perfect for those who love biryani and prawns.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 kg prawns
- 1/2 kg rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1" piece ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 2/3 cup grated coconut
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon cashewnuts
- 2 Bay Leaves
- ¼ cup butter or oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Make a fine paste of green chillies, garam masala, ginger, garlic, cashew nuts & coconut.
- 2. In a pan heat 3 tablespoon butter or oil and add half of the onions and fry until golden brown.
- 3. Add the paste to the onions and stir for about 5 minutes.
- 4. Add the prawns and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix well so that all the prawns are coated with the cooked masala and cook on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- 5. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 6. In a separate pan heat 2 tablespoon of butter or oil and fry the bayleaves and add the remaining onions and fry until the onions are golden brown.
- 7. Add the rice and stir fry for about 10 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 cups of water.
- 8. Cover and cook till the rice is almost done on a low flame.
- 9. Mix the prawns and rice together.
- 10. Simmer, lastly add lemon juice and garnish the biryani with fried cashewnuts.