BBQ Chicken Burgers
These chicken burgers are made with chicken mince tossed together with BBQ sauce and other condiments to make a flavorful chicken patty. Mini versions...
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 kg ground chicken breast or chicken mince
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion grated
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 burger buns
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- BBQ sauce for topping
- cheese for topping – 4 slices
- 1. In a large bowl, combine chicken ground, BBQ sauce, paprika, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and grated cheddar cheese.
- 2. Mix until just combined, then form 4 patties.
- 3. Heat a pan and add olive oil.
- 4. Add sliced onions with a pinch of salt and saute until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- 5. Add another tablespoon of oil and cook the burgers on both sides till fully cooked through.
- 6. Toast the burgers on the same grill pan.
- 7. Assemble the burger patties on the same grill pan so that it is heated through and the cheese is melted.
- 8. Put burger patty, topped with onions, cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce and lettuce leaves.
- 9. Serve immediately.
Notes:Photo Credits: Gordonrhodes