Fish Curry Goan Style
Fish & Seafood is part of the staple diet for the people of Goa where this curry originates from. It’s tangy, spicy with a rich creamy gravy.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 2 tablespoon tamarind pulp
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 pomfrets, sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 6 red chillies whole
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 2 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1. Roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds and whole red chillies.
- 2. Make a fine paste of all the roasted spices along with coconut, ginger and garlic paste and vinegar. Heat oil in a pan.
- 3. Fry the onion till golden brown.
- 4. Mix in green chillies and tomato.
- 5. Stir fry on a medium heat up for 3 minutes. Mix in the paste and 1 ½ cups of water.
- 6. Bring it to a boil and then mix in fish pieces and salt. Cook till fish is done.
- 7. Lastly add tamarind pulp. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Notes:Photo credits: cubesnjuliennes.blogspot.in