Peshawari Channe Masala
Peshawari Chana is best accompanied with steaming hot puris.
- PREP TIME: 12 hours
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 cup chick peas
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies, slit
- ¾ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- 1. Soak chickpeas overnight.
- 2. Boil chickpeas until soft and dark in colour, strain and keep aside.
- 3. Heat oil, mix in bayleaf and chopped onion, stir fry until golden brown in colour.
- 4. Mix in ginger, garlic paste and slit green chillies, tomatoes, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder, stir fry for some time.
- 5. Mix in boiled chickpeas and 1 cup of water and stir fry till chickpeas gets coated with the thick masala. Sprinkle garam masala and salt mix well and serve hot.