The best part about going to the movies (other than the movie itself) is the caramel popcorn. It’s sweet, crunchy and you just can’t stop eating i...
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1/4 cup unpopped corn kernels (5-6 cups popped)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1. Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a pan.
- 2. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Cook for 5 minutes, without stirring. Remove from heat, stir in baking soda and mix well.
- 4. Mixture will become foamy.
- 5. Immediately pour caramel mixture over popped corn and quickly toss to coat.
- 6. Don't expect all corn to be coated, that will happen in the course of baking.
- 7. Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees C, stirring every 15 minutes.
- 8. Remove from oven, immediately turn out of pan onto a foil-lined counter top and break up slightly. Cool.
- 9. Store in air-tight container.
Notes:Photo credits: maku.fi/blogit/fanni-kaneli