Chicken Gyros with Dill (Soya) sauce
Gyro’s are a Greek version of Kebab rolls. This particular recipe consists of herb grilled chicken with caramelized onions in a yoghurt dill (soya) ...
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 1 cup yogurt (strained and liquid removed)
- 3 tablespoon dill (soya)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 3 chicken breast boneless chunks
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 pita bread rounds, heated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1. Make the dill sauce by mixing yoghurt, garlic, dill (soya) and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2. Marinate chicken with oregano, dill (soya), salt & pepper.
- 3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil, add chicken and sauté until grilled and cooked through. Set aside
- 4. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan and sauté onions until golden brown.
- 5. Return chicken and any juices to pan.
- 6. Add juice of 1 lemon. Stir until heated through.
- 7. Make a slit in the pita bread.
- 8. Add chicken, onions and then the dill (soya) sauce on top.
Notes:Photo credits: lecremedelacrumb