This particular pulao recipe is famous in the Kashmir region of Pakistan and is distinctive in its use of nuts and dry fruits.
- PREP TIME: 120 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- ½ kg Rice, soaked
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 1 Cinnamon
- 3-4 cardamoms
- 2 -4 cloves
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 10 ml Milk
- 6-8 walnuts
- 6-8 cashew nut
- 50gms oil
- salt to taste
- 1. Heat oil and fry onions till golden brown and remove.
- 2. Fry whole spices, turmeric powder, add rice and sauté.
- 3. Add half-saffron dissolved in little warm milk.
- 4. Add hot water and mix well. Cook a little.
- 5. Finish with remaining saffron and cook till grains are separated and done.
- 6. Garnish kashmiri pulao with fried onions, walnuts & cashew nuts.
Notes:Photo credits: foodpost.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/kashmiri-pulao.jpg