Prawn Balchao or Prawn Pickle
Prawn Balchao is a spicy Goan dish which is mostly eaten as a condiment or side dish. The use of vinegar in the cooking method ensures that it can be ...
- PREP TIME: 200 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 15 dry red large chillies
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 pod of garlic
- ¼ - ½ cup vinegar
- 1 kg prawns
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1. Ground red chillies, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, garlic with vinegar.
- 2. Wash and clean prawns well and add the ground masala to it.
- 3. Marinate few hours.
- 4. Heat oil, add the prawns and cook on slow fire till done.
- 5. Keep in a clean and dry jar.
- 6. Make sure you use a dry spoon when taking out the preserve otherwise it will spoil.