This trick to making a delicious spaghetti Bolognese is slow-cooking the meat & tomato ragu sauce.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 120 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ kg beef or chicken mince
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 chicken cube dissolved in water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500gm spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1. Heat 2 tablespoon olive oil and add the onion. Sauté for 4-5 minutes till onion is translucent.
- 2. Add beef minute and keep frying till color changes.
- 3. Add flour, garlic, tomato puree, dried herbs along with a cup of chicken stock.
- 4. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and let cook on simmer till mince is done. Keep stirring occasionally with a spoon to make sure it doesn’t stick to bottom.
- 5. Boil spaghetti in salty water and add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 6. Drain when done.
- 7. Divide spaghetti among individual bowls or a large platter and ladle the mince sauce over.
- 8. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with garlic bread.