Also known as butter chicken, this is a Punjabi dish with Indian origins. It consists of grilled or cooked chicken in a rich & creamy tomato based sau...
- PREP TIME: 180 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- Chicken Marinade
- 4 -5 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoon yogurt (strained, water removed)
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Makhani Sauce
- 500 gm butter
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek leaves
- 2 green chilies
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 100 ml cream
- 1. Marinate chicken in yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, mustard seeds, lemon juice, garam masala, salt and melted butter.
- 2. Let marinate in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- 3. Heat oil in a pan.
- 4. Add chicken and cook till water dries up and chicken is done. Set aside.
- 5. Take another large pan and heat butter.
- 6. Make makhani sauce by adding garam masala, ginger garlic paste, green chilies, tomato puree, chili
- 7. powder, salt and 1 cup water.
- 8. Bring to boil and then reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes till sauce is thick.
- 9. Add sugar, fenugreek leaves followed by chicken.
- 10. Simmer for 5 minutes till chicken is warmed through.
- 11. Add cream in the end and serve.
Notes:Photo credits: 1.bp.blogspot