Chicken Jalfrezi Two
A flavorful Desi fusion curry with tender juicy chunks of chicken in a spicy tomato sauce studded with stir-fried peppers and onions
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 kg boneless chicken, cubed
- 4 onions, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 onions, cut into thick slices
- 2 tomatoes, cut into thick slices
- 1 capsicum, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon ground garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoon oil
- 1. Sauté the chopped onions in the oil till transparent.
- 2. Add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric (haldi), coriander powder (dhaniya powder) and chopped tomatoes.
- 3. Cover and simmer to allow the tomatoes to soften.
- 4. Add the chicken and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is slightly tender. Add salt.
- 5. In another saucepan, heat a tablespoon of oil and add the sliced onion, sliced capsicum, sliced tomatoes, and garam masala powder.
- 6. Sauté for a while till the vegetables soften lightly.
- 7. To this frying pan add the cooked chicken.
- 8. Mix and allow cooking for another 5 minutes till chicken is cooked through.
- 9. Serve with rice.
Notes:Photo credits: my-kitchens-aroma