Chicken in Foil with Vegetables
This baked chicken in foil recipe involves steaming chicken and vegetables in a delicious creamy garlic sauce.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 3 persons
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon + ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon + ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and flattened
- 1 onion, cubed
- 1 capsicum, deseeded and cubed
- 1 cup peas
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 6-8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and black pepper crushed to taste
- 1. Make creamy garlic sauce by boiling 1/4th cup water, garlic and garlic powder. Once the mixture comes to boil turn heat to low till water has almost evaporated and thick mixture remains.
- 2. Stir cream, parsley, ½ teaspoon salt & ½ teaspoon pepper.
- 3. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- 4. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil making sure there’s enough left to fold over.
- 5. Place the chicken breast and vegetables.
- 6. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Top with creamy garlic sauce.
- 7. Fold up foil and cover well, making sure all edges are sealed.
- 8. Bake till chicken and all veggies are done (about 30 – 40 minutes).
- 9. Be careful in opening the foil as the steam can be quite hot.
- 10. Serve in the foil with steamed rice.
Notes:Photo credits: cf.diethood