Chicken Teriyaki is a popular Japanese dish known for its sweet & sticky glaze.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- Bones of 1 chicken
- 4-5 pieces of 1² ginger
- 12-15 garlic cloves
- ½ cup soya sauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 chicken breasts, flattened and cut in thick strips
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds – for garnish
- 1. Take a large saucepan and add chicken bones, ginger, garlic cloves, soya sauce, salt, sugar and water.
- 2. Bring to boil and then cook on low heat till sauce is reduced to quarter of original quantity (~1 cup).
- 3. Strain through a muslin cloth.
- 4. Sprinkle chicken breast with salt & black pepper.
- 5. Heat 2 tablespoon oil and sauté chicken breasts strips in it.
- 6. Add ¼ cup – ½ cup teriyaki sauce and simmer. Reserve the rest of the sauce.
- 7. Dissolve cornflour in water and add to sauce to thicken.
- 8. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Notes:Photo credits: tofugu