Mini Chocolate Caramel Tarts
Crispy base, gooey caramel filling and a topping of luscious chocolate ganache make these mini-tarts
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 90 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- 150gm flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 100gm unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 50gm caster sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 325ml cream
- 200gm dark chocolate
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp corn syrup (can be omitted)
- 50ml cream
- 100gm dark chocolate
- 25gm butter
- 1. For the base mix flour, cocoa, brown sugar, unsalted butter and yolk and whisk.
- 2. Knead using the cold water. Wrap in clingfilm and put to chill for 30 minutes.
- 3. Roll out and line the tart tins, prick with a fork and chill again.
- 4. Fill with baking beans and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes
- 5. Remove beans and bake further 2-3 minutes, remove from oven and cool.
- 6. For the caramel, heat caster sugar and water till sugar dissolves and turns brown.
- 7. Take off the heat and add the cream. Be careful when adding cream as it will bubble up.
- 8. Put it back on low heat and stir.
- 9. Chop the chocolate and add it. Let it melt and then add the yolks, stir and divide the filling between the tart shells. Cool.
- 10. For the ganache, melt, corn syrup, cream, dark chocolate and butter and spoon over tart, let set.
- 11. Chill the tart well before serving.
Notes:Photo credits: homecookingadventure.com