Kheer w/ Condensed Milk
Condensed milk has become a popular ingredient in desserts these days because it adds much needed creaminess to the dessert without requiring a lot of...
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1¼ cup Cooked Rice
- 2 cups Full Fat Milk
- 2 tablespoons Sugar (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg Powder (jaifal), optional
- 1 teaspoon + 2 teaspoons Ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped Cashew nuts
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped Almonds
- 1. Heat 1 teaspoon ghee in a heavy bottomed pan or non-stick pan and roast cashew nuts and almonds until light brown for a minute. Transfer them to a plate.
- 2. Place milk, condensed milk, sugar and cooked rice in the same pan.
- 3. Stir continuously and cook until milk is absorbed and mixture becomes medium thick. It will take approx 12-15 minutes on low flame. Mixture will become very thick when it cools, so keep medium thick consistency.
- 4. Add nutmeg powder and 2 teaspoons ghee and mix well.
- 5. Transfer prepared kheer to a serving bowl and garnish with roasted cashew nuts and roasted almonds.
- 6. Serve it hot or place it in a refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving and serve chilled.
- 7. Instant and easy rice kheer with condensed milk is ready.
Notes:Photo credits: themustardseedmeadow.blogspot.com Use 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder instead of nutmeg powder for variation. Add 1/4 cup sweet mawa (or khoya) in place of condensed milk for variation.