Firni or Pakistani Rice Pudding
Firni is a traditional Pakistani rice pudding made with rice, milk & sugar. Earlier the cooked rice milk mixture used to be poured into small earthern...
- PREP TIME: 25 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 kg Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Rice
- 2 to 3 Cardamoms
- 2 to 3 drops Kewra
- Almonds as per taste
- Pistachios as per taste
- 1 plate of Silver Leaf
- 1 tablespoon Coconut (thinly crushed)
- 1. Soak rice in water for 10 to 15 minutes and grind in a food blender.
- 2. Add cardamom to milk and boil.
- 3. When it simmers, add ground rice in milk and cook on low heat and keep stirring the ladle (if not stirred, firni will burn from bottom).
- 4. Grind almonds finely and add to firni.
- 5. When milk starts getting caramelised and firni gets thick, add sugar.
- 6. When sugar is cooked and firni becomes dense, remove from stove and add 2 to 3 drops of kewra.
- 7. Mix well, take out in large bowl and store aside for solidifying.
- 8. Garnish with almonds, pistachios, crushed coconut and silver leaf.
- 9. When it is cool, store in refrigerator and enjoys chilled or hot firni as per required.
Notes:Photo credits: forksnknives.com