Egg Fried Rice
Serve this simple fried rice with Chinese gravies and chowmein.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 2 persons
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoon Oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoon soya sauce
- ⅛ Teaspoon pepper powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- ½ small capsicum / bell peppers cubed
- 3 tablespoons chopped spring onions (green and whites separated)
- 1. Cook rice. Cool the rice completely.
- 2. Break the eggs to a bowl and set aside.
- 3. Heat a pan with oil add chopped garlic. Fry till the garlic is lightly fried.
- 4. Add chopped veggies, white parts of spring onions and fry them till they wilt off, for about 3 to 5 minutes depending on the size.
- 5. Add eggs and scramble them and cook till they are lightly done.
- 6. Sprinkle pepper, salt and vinegar, combine everything well and cook till the eggs are fully cooked. Do not overcook
- 7. Add green parts of spring onions and mix everything well. Add rice and mix. If needed add little more oil.
- 8. Fry for about 2 minutes.
- 9. Garnish with some spring onions and serve.
Notes:Photo credits: umaskitchenexperiments.com