Aloo Qeema is a staple dish in Pakistani households.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 450 gram beef mince
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander (dhaniya) powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 -3 tomatoes, chopped
- 300 gram potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 1. Heat oil.
- 2. Fry onions in a heavy based sauce pan over medium heat.
- 3. When onions are translucent but not brown, add meat, garlic and ginger and cook over medium heat about 3-5 minutes or until all the moisture has dried from the minced meat.
- 4. Add spices + 3 tablespoons water and stirring constantly, cook another 2 minutes.
- 5. Add chopped tomatoes and yogurt and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 6. Add potatoes, mix well.
- 7. Add 1 cup of water, cover and cook 30 mints over low heat or until potatoes are tender.
- 8. Add garam masala, chilies and coriander right before serving.
- 9. Mix well.
- 10. Serve hot with naan, chapati or rice
Notes:Photo Credits: yummyoyummy. Chicken qeema can be used in place of beef, which will cook in less time. Also add matar then it called matar aloo qeema