Dum ka Qeema
Dum ka keema recipe is a healthy as well as traditional recipe of Pakistan. It gives a different taste than other ordinary qeema recipes.
- PREP TIME: 120 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- 10 to 15 Red Chilies (Whole)
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Safed Zeera)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds (Sabut Dhania)
- 6 Cloves(Long)
- 2 Green Cardamom (Choti Ilaichi)
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg & Mace (Jaifal Jawitri)
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Kg Minced Meat (qeema)
- 1 Onion (Raw – Finely Ground) Medium Sized
- 2 teaspoon Papaya Paste
- 1 Lemon
- 2 cups Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 coal (koyla) for dum
- 1. Ground red chillies, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg, mace and black pepper.
- 2. Marinate the beef mince with onion, papaya, lemon and ground spices. Marinate for 2 hours.
- 3. Heat oil, add mince and cook on low heat.
- 4. Sauté till brown and dry.
- 5. Heat a coal on fire, make a hole with a spoon in the mince and keep a bread slice or aluminum foil.
- 6. Then put the red hot coal on top and add 1 tablesoop ghee/oil
- 7. Cover lid for 10-15 minutes for the smoke to flavor the meat.
- 8. Serve with onion rings, green chutney and parathas.
Notes:Photo credits: omgies.com