Enjoy this aloo ki tarkari with roti, halwa puri or just rice.
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- ½ kg Potatoes
- ½ teaspoon Onion seeds (kalonji)
- 1 teaspoon Red chilies (crushed)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour
- 2 tablespoon Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- 1. Peel the potatoes and slice them.
- 2. Heat 2 cups of water in a sauce pan. Add potatos, onion seed (kalonji), crush chilies & salt and cook on low flame for half an hour.
- 3. Once the potatoes are almost done, mash them with a spoon if you prefer a thicker texture. This will release the starch from the potatoes and thicken the gravy.
- 4. Mix the corn flour with little water and add to the potatoes, also add vinegar and yellow food color and simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
- 5. Aloo Ki Tarkari is ready to serve.
Notes:Photo Credits: dishcovery.