Skip the oil and use butter to make this simple omelet at home.
- PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- SERVINGS: 2 persons
- 2 large eggs
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Freshly ground black pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 small knob butter
- 1 small handful Cheddar cheese, grated, optional
- 1. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper and beat well with a fork.
- 2. Put a small frying pan on a low heat and let it get hot.
- 3. Add a small knob of butter.
- 4. When the butter has melted and is bubbling, add your eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly.
- 5. When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle over the cheese, if using.
- 6. Using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half.
- 7. When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette on to a plate.