This Makai Qeema is a great recipe for all those looking for health snack/Lunch alternatives. It serves one person and has approximately ~350 calories
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 1 persons
- 1/3rd cup chicken mince
- ½ tin of sweet corn (drained of the water)
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 1 medium sized tomato (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red chillies
- Salt to taste
- Coriander for garnishing
- 1/3rd cup water
- 1. Add olive oil to the pan. As the oil heats a bit, add in the onions. As soon as they turn slightly pink, put in the garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- 2. Add in the tomatoes. Let the tomatoes soften and then add the spices. Sauté for a bit. Add in the minced chicken. Make sure the mince is dry. Keep stirring in after adding the mince in order to avoid the chicken to form clumps. Sauté well for 2-3mins.
- 3. Add in 1/3rd cup of water and let the mince cook till tender. After the meat has cooked, add in the corn and sauté well on high flame so all excess water evaporates too.
- 4. Garnish with coriander.
- 5. Serve hot with brown rice/ brown pita bread or brown dinner rolls.
Notes:Photo credits: Shutterstock