This particular korma recipe originates from the city of Lucknow, which is known for its use of exotic spices like saffron.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 kg (8 pieces Chicken)
- 2 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 cup Yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg (jaefal), grinded
- ¼ teaspoon Mace (jawetri), grinded
- ½ teaspoon Green cardamom (elaichi), grinded
- 4 tablespoon Onion brown and crushed
- 2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon garam masala mixed
- ¼ teaspoon Saffron (zafron)
- 1 teaspoon Kewra water
- 10 to 12 Almonds blanched whole fried
- 1. Heat oil add whole spices with chicken, fry for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add ginger garlic paste, salt, chili powder, coriander powder with ½ cup water, cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes
- 3. Add yogurt mixed with brown onion, nutmeg, mace and green cardamom, cover and cook till chicken tender.
- 4. Lastly add Kewra and saffron, serve hot with sheermal.
Notes:Photo credits: Shutterstock