Grilled Chicken w/ Mushroom Sauce
This continental style grilled chicken with a creamy mushroom sauce is just the thing to make for a special dinner, whether it is for friends, family ...
- PREP TIME: 120 minutes
- COOK TIME: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4 persons
- ½ kg boneless chicken, cut in 2 inch cubes or Julian cut (whatever preferred)
- 1 tin mushrooms
- ½ cup cream
- 1/4th cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon dried Oregano, Thyme & Rosemary each
- 1/3rd teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chicken Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon Garlic paste
- Oil for grilling
- 2 tablespoons Soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon Mustard paste
- 1/3rd teaspoon Rosemary
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Red chilies (Kashmiri Mirch)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1. Chicken:
- 2. Put the diced chicken in a bowl and all the ingredients listed for marination. Mix well and set aside for 2 hours.
- 3. Heat oil in a grill pan and add the marinated chicken. Grill till chicken turns tender.
- 4. For the Sauce:
- 5. Put a tin mushrooms in a blender. (Remove the water in the tin) Add lemon juice and blend to form a thick paste.
- 6. In a non-sticking wok, heat 2 tablespoon. of oil and add the garlic paste. Sauté for half a minute and add the mushroom paste. Sauté for another minute and then add in the cream, milk, herbs, black pepper and chicken powder. Salt can be added if needed. Let the sauce simmer.
- 7. In a platter place the grilled chicken and pour the sauce over it. Serve hot with mashed potatoes and/or fried rice.
Notes:Photo credits: Author