Spicy Chicken Karhai
If you prefer more gravy with your karhai, increase the quantity of yoghurt.
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1kg chicken, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic, paste
- 5-6 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/5 teaspoon salt or by taste
- 5-6 green chilies, slit from center
- 1 tablespoon roasted cumin seeds(zeera), crushed
- 1 teaspoon kasoori methi
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, powder
- 2 tablespoons yogurt, beaten
- Green coriander leaves as required, chopped
- 1 lemon, slice
- 1. Heat oil in a wok(karahi) and sauté ginger garlic paste in it.
- 2. Add chicken and cook it for 3-4 minutes on high flame.
- 3. Add tomatoes, chili powder and salt. Cook for 5-10 minutes bhonafying or mashing with a spoon till soft & tender.
- 4. Once tomatoes are soft, add yogurt, green chilies, cumin seeds, methi, garam masala and green coriander.
- 5. Mix it and cook on low flame till chicken is tender and all water dries up.
- 6. Garnish with coriander and lemon slice.