Make the granola in advance and keep it in an air-tight container for a quick, healthy & delicious breakfast.
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 1 hour
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats (do not use quick cooking oats)
- ½ cup hazelnut flour (essentially, this is ground hazelnuts.)
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (also known as “pepita seeds”)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Pre-heat oven at 135 degrees Celsius.
- 2. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3. Pour coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup evenly over the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- 4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 5. Spread the mixture evenly onto the cookie sheet. Press down gently so that the mixture clumps.
- 6. Put in the oven on the middle shelf and cook granola for about 30 minutes until lightly golden.
- 7. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let granola cool for 1 hour minimum.
- 8. Use a spatula to put granola into jars or a large Ziploc. Store in the fridge for 2-3 weeks or in freezer for 4-5 weeks. (I promise you that you will eat it all before the end of the 1st week)
Notes:Granola is usually enjoyed with milk, yoghurt or it can be eaten on its own