Kali Mirch Chicken or Black Pepper Chicken
The addition of black pepper makes this chicken taste a little bit different from the regular tomato based gravies. Give it a try at your next family ...
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- Black pepper corns, crushed 1/4th cup
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Chicken 1kg
- Cloves 5
- Curry leaves 1 stem
- Tomatoes, chopped 1/2 cup
- Onion, sliced 1
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Garlic, chopped 10 cloves
- Oil 4 tablespoon
- 1. Marinate chicken with peppercorns, turmeric and salt. Leave to marinate for an hour in the fridge.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan on medium flame.
- 3. Add garlic, followed by cloves and then onion. Sauté for a few minutes till onions are translucent.
- 4. Add chopped tomatoes and coriander (dhaniya) powder.
- 5. Keep stirring occasionally till the tomatoes are soft and oil gets separated.
- 6. Add the marinated chicken along with a cup of water and bring to boil.
- 7. Turn heat to simmer, cover pot with lid and cook chicken for about 30 – 45 minutes till tender.
- 8. Add curry leaves in the end, cook for 2-3 minutes so flavor infuses.
- 9. Serve hot with rice or roti’s.
Notes:Photo credits: creative-cooking-corner.com