This dish is known as achari chicken because it uses spices similar to what one would use in an actual vegetable based achaar. The gravy is rich, tang...
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 persons
- Chicken 1 kg
- Large green chilies 250 gm
- Dry red chilies 4-5
- Fenugreek seeds 1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds 1 teaspoon
- Onion seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) 1/2 teaspoon
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Oil 3 tablespoon
- Onions, chopped 3 medium
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
- 1. Grind red chilies, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds and onion seeds coarsely in a spice grinder, chopper or use a mortar pestle.
- 2. Slit the large chilies in half keeping the stems intact. Stuff the chilies with the ground spice mixture and set aside.
- 3. Heat oil. Add chopped onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- 4. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté till lightly browned.
- 5. Add red chili powder and coriander powder and sauté. Add the remaining ground spices and stir.
- 6. Add marinated chicken along with the marinade and stir well. Add 1 cup water and mix well. When it comes to a boil, cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes or till the chicken is completely done.
Notes:Photo Credits: Nawazflavourofindia