Though its considered an English soup, Mulligatawny has its origins in India. The name originates from the Tamil words mullaga/milagu and thanni and c...
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6 persons
- Butter 1/4 cup
- Onion chopped 1/2 cup
- Celery, chopped 2 stalks
- Carrot, sliced 1
- Apple, chopped 1
- Flour 1 ½ tablespoon
- Curry powder 1 ½ teaspoon
- Chicken stock 4 cups
- Rice (Uncooked) 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste (~1-2 teaspoon)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Dried thyme 1 pinch
- Chicken breast (chopped) 1
- Cream, heated 1/2 cup
- 1. Heat butter in a large saucepan or pot.
- 2. Saute onions, celery & carrot until onions are translucent.
- 3. Add flour and curry powder and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- 4. Add chicken stock & apples. Mix well, and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 1/2 hour.
- 5. Add rice, salt, pepper and thyme and cook for 15 – 20 minutes until rice are cooked through.
- 6. Add boiled & chopped chicken in the end. Cook for about 2-3 minutes till heated through.
- 7. Serve hot with cream on top.